The love lock that brought you here has been picked open. The shackle tags are placed by our community as part of a competitive security awareness campaign. The lock pickers personalize their tags and showcase their skill by placing as many as they can; and for each tag that gets placed, we donate to a charity that will clean up a pound of trash per tag.
Look around and you’ll notice that some locks have more than others. Picking locks Is easier than you might think but not all locks are the same. While some serve their purpose as security products, others have inexcusable flaws. Flaws the manufacturers are aware of, yet instead of fixing, they continue to cut costs, putting you at risk.
Selling you a false sense of security is made possible by keeping you ignorant. You deserve a realistic expectation of what you use to protect your home, possessions, and family.
By learning how to pick locks you’ll not only have a new hobby, but a skill that improves your security awareness.
Rules for the $500 Gold Tag Prize:
- Video must be posted on social media to claim gold tags. The video must include:
- Shot of the lock in its original location
- Video of the full picking attempt resulting in an open of the lock
- No destructive attacks, the lock must be picked
- Use the hashtags #lovelocks, #ShackleTags, #CovertInstruments, and #GoldShackleTag on social media and tag us.
- Email sales@covertinstruments if you manage to find and open a gold tag to claim your prize
Rules for Placing Shackle Tags:
- Customize your tags to keep track of which ones you’ve placed.
- Place your shackle tags on love locks.
- If a lock already has a shackle tag on it, try and add yours to it!
To get your tags counted for a #TeamSeas donation, you must provide a video with the following:
- Show each of your uniquely customized tags on love locks
- Use the hashtags #lovelocks, #ShackleTags, and #CovertInstruments on social media and tag us.
- Community tag contributions will be counted on Fridays of every week and the donation total and tally will be updated in the product descriptions on the website.